Home > Software > Fixing vbulletin’s required_field_x_missing_or_invalid

Fixing vbulletin’s required_field_x_missing_or_invalid

I tried to patch a vb4 suite today and the upgrade script failed with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<error><![CDATA[Could not find phrase 'required_field_x_missing_or_invalid'.]]></error>

I searched a bit but I did not find a satisfying solution. The next step was to debug the upgrade script. The blog component was disabled (because of too much spam) and the upgrade script considered it as missing. Enable all products and clear the forum cache before upgrading.

If you are already suck in the upgrade stage you can edit the tables of vbulletin directly. Go to vb_product and set active to 1 for the product that is causing problems. Next, delete the content of vb_cache. After this, you can run the upgrade script again.

  1. Mehmet Akpek
    May 23rd, 2017 at 15:04 | #1

    DB :
    product tablosuna girip, blog active 1 yapmak gerekiyor